An injury case is any situation where you are injured, or lost a loved one, due to the fault of someone else. Injury and death cases cover a wide array of circumstances. Some of the injury cases we work on include:
- Vehicle crash injuries from a collision involving a car, truck, bicycle, bus, scooter, or any other mode of transportation.
- Workplace injuries sustained while on the job and caused by someone other than your employer.
- Dog injuries from dog bites and other animal attacks.
- Property injuries that occur from a condition on someone else's property.
- Product injuries caused by defective products.
- Medical negligence and medical errors resulting in injuries.
- Wrongful death caused by any of the above types of situations.
There are several categories of damages available in an injury case. The available damages commonly include compensation for medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
Insurance and the claim process
When making an injury claim, the claim is often made against the insurance company for the person liable for causing the injury.