We represent the wrongfully injured or killed
An injury or death case is any situation where you are injured, or lost a loved one, due to the fault of someone else. Injury and death cases cover a wide array of circumstances. The injury cases we work on include:
Vulnerable Road User Injuries
- Bicycle crash injuries caused by other vehicles or unsafe road conditions
- Pedestrian injuries caused by other vehicles
- Motorcycle crash injuries caused by other vehicles or unsafe road conditions
Motor Vehicle Crash Injuries
- Car crash injuries caused by other vehicles or unsafe road conditions
- Passenger injuries resulting from car, truck, bus, train, or plane crashes
- Insurance claims for medical expenses, wage and income loss, property damage
- Injuries that occur from a condition on someone else's property or land
- Property hazards that cause slips, trips, or falls
- Dog injuries from dog bites and other animal attacks
- Medical negligence and medical errors resulting in injuries
- Injuries caused by defective medical products
- Wrongful death caused by any of the above types of situations
We help our clients establish fault from the incident and the injuries that were suffered as a result. In legal terms we call this liability and damages. We need to prove both liability and damages to achieve a successful result. There are several categories of damages available in an injury case. The available damages commonly include compensation for medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
We represent workers injured on the job
Injuries that occur on the job are one of the more frequent ways that people are hurt. Our firm focuses on what are called "third-party" worker claims. These are workplace injuries sustained while on the job and caused by someone other than the employer. For example, if you drive from location to location during your workday, and are involved in a car accident that was the other driver's fault, you would be able to make a third-party claim against the at-fault driver.
For all injuries at work, your medical treatment for injuries related to the incident will be paid by Washington State Labor & Industries ("L&I"). Injured workers are not able to bring claims directly against their employer. Instead, a claim is made with L&I, aka "worker's comp", which in addition to medical treatment costs, you can potentially receive income replacement (called time loss) and other benefits.
If the injuries are serious, it is important to have an attorney evaluate whether a third-party may have played a role in the incident where you were hurt. In some cases it is fairly obvious that a third-party caused the injury, such as in the car crash example above. In others, it can be difficult. For instance, there are many injuries at construction sites. Determining who is at fault among the many different companies involved in a construction project is a difficult task that would require legal analysis.
In the case of serious injury caused by a third-party, it usually makes financial sense for you to make a third-party claim. This is because the compensation available typically far exceeds that available from L&I. Many injured workers have a family to support, and often times the worker will need more financial support than that offered by L&I. We enjoy helping injured workers get appropriately compensated for their losses. If you would like us to investigate whether you have a third-party claim, please contact us.